"My First Road Bike" Camps
Let us help welcome you to the sport!
June 24, 25 and 26, 2017
Will be held under a USA Cycling Permit
This three-day mini-camp will cover the finer points of road riding. You will learn how to ride in pacelines, echelons and groups. Climbing technique, descending skills and road etiquette will be demystified. Your days will be spent executing specific skills and workouts, and evenings will include short seminars explaining the techniques and goals of each day. You will be introduced to proper bike fit and you'll learn about the essentials of bike maintenance. Most of all, you'll have a great time ensconced in the beautiful sport of cycling in one of the best spots in the world to enjoy it.
This camp is designed for those who are either recently converted to riding a road bike or those who have some experience and are looking for a structured approach to learning the skills that will make cycling that much more enjoyable. Participants should bring a road bike (with drop bars) and have a basic fitness level that allows them to enjoy rides of 35+ miles over varying terrain.
Attendees will arrive in Northampton on Friday evening, June 23, and depart on the afternoon of Monday, June 26, 2017. The camp includes accommodations at The Hotel Northampton, The Fairfield Inn, the Autumn Inn or the Northampton Quality Inn & Suites (formerly the Best Western Northampton), a hearty breakfast and lunch each day of the camp, as well as written materials to support the coaching. To assure personal attention, each camp is limited to 8 attendees, so be sure to reserve your space by signing up now!!
About the Coaches
||Aldo Tiboni is a "Professional Recreational Cyclist" who has been riding road bikes for over 40 years. He's logged tens of thousands of miles riding in North America and Europe, and has experience racing on the road, on mountain bikes and in cyclocross events, and is a Level 3 USA Cycling Coach. He currently is a director of Ride Noho, where he is able to share his love of the sport with hundreds of guests every year.|
||Elaine Tiboni began cycling seriously in the early '90s when her interest in duathlon and triathlon caused her to begin riding with purpose. In 2000 and 2001, she concentrated her competitive efforts on the Mt. Washington Hillclimb, finishing third and second in her age group respectively. In 2011, Elaine took second in her age group at the Black Fly TT in Waterville Valley, New Hampshire and in 2012 took first in her age group. Elaine has a Bachelor of Science degree in Health and Physical Education and a Master of Science in Physical Education, is a Level 3 USA Cycling Coach, a Certified Instructor for MassBike and is a past board member of the Pioneer Valley Chapter of MassBike. Plus, she simply loves to ride!|
For those of you who want a more individualized approach, Elaine also offers personal coaching. Click here for more information!
Breakfast 7:00AM - 8:00AM
Ride and Skills Work 8:30AM - 12:30PM
Recovery and Refreshments 12:30PM - 12:45PM
Shower & Change
Classroom 5:30PM - 7:00PM (On the first and second days of the camps)
Click HERE to see a detailed itinerary
The Camp Includes:
- Three on-bike sessions
- Two classroom sessions
- Three nights accommodations
- Three Breakfasts
- Three Lunches
- Friendly coaching
- USA Cycling License as required*
*Because this camp is to be held under a USA Cycling Permit, all participants must be licensed, either with an annual license or a one-day license for each day of participation. Applicable fees are included in the cost of this camp.
Recent attendees say:
- "Aldo and Elaine - I just had to write and tell you that I have just returned from a 5 day bike ride called Bike Virginia. We covered about 300 miles out near Roanoke and Lexington, Virginia and it was hilly! I enjoyed the rides so much because of the climbing and descending techniques you taught me last summer at "My First Road Bike Camp." . . .Thanks for all the great teaching!"
- "I feel like I learned so much in just 3 short days. Excellent coach - Excellent hotel - Excellent riding - Excellent Camp!"
How to Save:
- Sign up early: Save $65 by registering on or before February 14, 2017.
- Become a Frequent Ride Noho Guest: Those guests who have ridden with Ride Noho 10 times or more will receive a Frequent Guest Discount of $17.50/day/per person (This discount cannot be combined with the Group Discount)
- Pay by check: Pay with cash or a check instead of a card and we will apply a 3% discount to your remittance.
- Bring a group of six or more people: Bring a group for a scheduled or custom event and each person will receive a Group Discount of $17.50 per day. (Note: this discount cannot be combined with the Frequent Ride Noho Guest Discount).
- Participate in a Health Plan that rewards healthy lifestyles*
*You may want to check with your health plan representative to see if they have a reimbursement program for participating in healthy activity and if yes, if Ride Noho's camp qualifies.
Pricing and Reservations
With accommodations at The Hotel Northampton:
Single Occupancy - $1125.00 per person
Double Occupancy - $835.00 per person
With accommodations at the Northampton Quality Inn & Suites:
Single Occupancy - $925.00 per person
Double Occupancy - $735.00 per person
With accommodations at the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott:
Please call us for availability and pricing.
Riders who will not need accommodations - $560.00 per person
Registration Deadline: May 29, 2017
Sign up early as we expect these camps to be sold-out!
$100.00 non-refundable deposit due at time of reservation, full balance due 30 days prior to the start of camp.
To make reservations:
Click here to go to our registration form. Once you register, we will send you an invoice which you may pay via check, credit card or PayPal.
Call Al Tiboni at 413-586-6013.